Initiation à la Finance Islamique
Ainsi, ces pratiques mettent en avant l'éthique et la morale et puisent leurs sources dans la révélation divine et de la Sounnah tout en s’inspirant des pratiques économiques et financières à l’époque du prophète (saws).
La finance islamique :
• Les 5 principes de la finance islamique :
- Proscription de l'intérêt
- Proscription du hasard et de la spéculation
- Proscription des secteurs illicites
- Partage des pertes et des profits
- Adossement à un actif tangible
• Les sources de la Finance Islamique
• Evolution, Historique
• Conformité "Sharia Compliant", le Sharia Supervisory Board
• Takaful (assurance)
Emergence & Croissance dans le monde
Opportunité en Europe
Situation en Belgique
Finance Specialised Workshop
Islamic Finance in the Conventional Economy
In association with ADEFI
Formation dispensée en anglais
This course is intended to provide practitioners in the financial sector with a solid understanding of the fundamental theoretical and practical aspects of Islamic Finance, as well as the major implications for financial markets and institutions.
This covers identifying and understanding the prohibitions and opportunities in Islamic Finance, the links between conventional and Islamic financial institutions, the governance and regulatory implications, the current industry status and the potential future trends.
A strong focus is made on the day-to-day practice of Islamic Finance, such as describing Shariah-compliant financial products, institutions, and capital markets.
This course is crucial for anyone desiring to deal with Islamic finance, and to professionally manage the strategic and financial implications of this fast-growing industry segment.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Clearly discern myths and realities associated with Shariah-compliant Finance.
- Understand the basic principles of Islamic Finance and how they reflect in practice in typical Islamic financial products.
- Have a clear picture of today's Islamic Finance industry, including key institutions and players, major trends and geographic distribution.
- Understand the current situation of Islamic Finance in the European / Belgian contexts, the challenges, and the potential future outlooks.
- Lead a strategic reflexion on the implications of Islamic finance for your financial institution / department.
This course is intended to provide professionals of the financial industry with a solid basis for understanding and dealing with a wide range of issues around Islamic Finance. It provides not only the necessary theoretical underpinnings of Shariah-compliant Finance, but also essential practical insights and illustrations on the reality of today's Islamic Finance, in Muslim and non-Muslim contexts. Therefore, this course is especially suited for managers in financial institutions, financial service providers, and regulators.
Prof. Laurent Gheeraert has a M.Sc. in Management and a Ph.D. in Economics and Management from the Solvay Brussels School. Until 2005, he was a management consultant with McKinsey & Company and was involved in operations, strategy and finance projects in Europe, South Africa and the Middle East. He was in charge of writing the "2005 Competitiveness Report on Islamic Finance" and presenting the research results to a panel of Islamic banks CEOs from the Middle East and South-East Asia. Since 2007, Laurent has been advising several public and private institutions on such wide-ranging topics as international finance, company valuation, portfolio analysis, sales and financial modeling. Among other things, Laurent has also been a strategic advisor to AWEX (Walloon Export Agency) on Islamic Finance matters. Laurent conducts research on financial systems and economic development. He teaches Finance and International Business-Field Project Management at Bachelor, MBA and Executive levels at the Solvay Brussels School.
The material comprises
- The slides.
- Specific PDF readings. These can be academic articles, semi-academic articles or press releases and regulatory reports.
- Excel complementary files.
- Case studies that will be submitted to you to work out on your side. They will illustrate the various theoretical branches examined during the sessions. They require strong efforts of preparation and communication.